Tips for Renewing Your Health Plan with Covered California
The renewal period began on Oct. 1, 2018.
If you purchased it through Covered California, when you renew your insurance, you will be able to:
- Tell them if any of the information you entered in your application has changed.
- Use the Shop and Compare Tool to find out if you qualify for a lower cost plan.
- Find out if your costs have changed.
- Change your current health plan.
- If you qualify for a subsidy, the same subsidy will apply no matter if you choose a Bronze plan or a Silver level plan. The Silver level plans have better benefits.
- You can log into Covered California and renew the same plan or choose a different plan.
- If you choose a different plan you will need to choose a primary care doctor if that is required. Your current doctor will not transfer over from your current plan. If you are not able to select your doctor when you change plans you can call the insurance carrier after your renewal is complete.
It is important to take a look at your health plan during the renewal period because plan options and rates change each year, and you may qualify for a different amount of financial help if you received financial help last year. Even if you didn’t receive financial help last year, it’s important you take a look this year, since you may qualify for financial help or want to choose a lower cost plan this year
Benefits by Design Insurance Services can help you understand everything you need to decide about the health plan that is right for you. We would appreciate the opportunity to be your health insurance broker. Please call 415-524-8959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Benefits by Design Insurance Services is a full-service health insurance and employee benefits broker, offering custom tailored coverage solutions for your business or family. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and provide the expert advice for group and individual health insurance, Medicare, life, long term care, and travel insurance decisions.