5 Things Startup Companies Need to Get Group Health Insurance
Are you a startup company trying to figure out what you need to have in place in order to get group health insurance? Benefits by Design Insurance Services has answers.
Many small and startup companies come to us to help them decide what type of group health insurance to provide their employees. Many small businesses don’t realize that they need to have a number of things in place before they can consider offering insurance.
If you are thinking about getting small group health insurance for your company, here is what you need to have in place first:
- Worker’s Compensation insurance for all employees – Worker’s Compensation insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees who are injured in the course of employment. In California an Owner, Partner or Sole Proprietor are exempt from needing Worker’s Compensation insurance. Everyone else (employees) need to be covered by it. If the company is incorporated, however, all employees, owners and partners need to be covered by Workers Comp because everyone is considered an employee.
- DE9 form from your payroll – Every quarter, California employers are required to complete a Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (DE 9), which is used to reconcile California payroll tax payments and the total subject wages reported for the quarter.
- Some carriers have owner/partner forms that need to be completed, if the owner/partner is not on payroll.
- Your company has to be registered as a business that is able to do business in CA. Most carriers will check out a company on the California Business Portal.
- Your company has to have a business bank account, a business check, or a letter from your financial institution indicating that the account you are using to pay your premiums is a business account.
Insurance carriers may ask for additional items as well, in order to verify your company’s eligibility.
Benefits by Design Insurance Services can help you understand everything you need to do in order to get group health insurance. Please call 760-696-3573 or 760-696-3573 or email email@example.com for more information.
Benefits by Design Insurance Services is a full service health insurance and employee benefits broker, offering custom tailored creative benefits solutions for your business or family. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and San Diego providing the expert advice for group and individual health insurance, Medicare, life insurance, and travel insurance decisions. Contact us if you are looking for the best health insurance benefits in California.
Comments are closed.